- L. Bacon, L. MacKinnon, A. Cesta, G. Cortellessa.
“Developing a Smart Environment for Crisis Management Training”. Special edition of the Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, entitled Smart Environments and Collective Computational Intelligence for Disaster Management. Vol 3, No 2. 2012. DOI: 10.1007/s12652-012-0124-0. [pdf ]
- Lachlan Mackinnon, Liz Bacon, Gabriella Cortellessa, Amedeo Cesta.
“Using Emotional Intelligence in Training Crisis Managers: The Pandora Approach”. Accepted in May 2012 for the International Journal of Distance Education Technologies ( IJDET ) special issue on Emotional Intelligence for Online Learning. Athabasca University Press, Canada.
- Cortellessa, G., D’Amico, R., Pagani,M., Tiberio, L., De Benedictis, R., Bernardi, G., Cesta, A.
Modeling Users of Crisis Training Environments by Integrating Psychological and Physiological Data. In: IEA/AIE-1. Proceedings of the Twenty-fourth International Conference on Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems, Siracuse, NY ( IEA/AIE 2011 ). Lecture Notes on Computer Science N.6704. 2011. [pdf]
- Y. Arafa and C. Boldyreff.
Supporting Collaborative Software Development and Reusability with an Integration Middleware. First International Conference on Advanced Collaborative Networks, Systems and Applications ( COLLA’11 ), June 2011, Luxembourg.
- Cesta, A., Cortellessa, G., De Benedictis, R. and Strickland, K.
Using Planning for Training Crisis Decision Makers. AI*IA-11. 12th International Conference of the Artificial Intelligence Italian Association ( AI*IA 2011 ). Palermo, Italy, September 15-17, 2011 [pdf]
- Dr Liz Bacon, Gill Windall, Prof Lachlan MacKinnon.
“The Development of a Rich Multimedia Training Environment for Crisis Management: Using Emotional Affect to Enhance Learning”. Proceedings of the 18th international conference of the Association for Learning Technology ( ALT-C 2011 ), University of Leeds, UK, 6-8 September 2011. [pdf]
- Cornacchia, M., Papa, F., Livi, S.,
et al. “Crisis managers making strategic decisions in the near real-life training environment of Pandora: evaluation framework for human performance and user experience“, eChallenges 2011 International Conference ( ECHALLENGES ), 26-28 October 2011, Florence, Italy.
- Riccardo De Benedictis and Amedeo Cesta
New Reasoning for Timeline Based Planning. An Introduction to J-TRE and its Features ICAART 2012. Proceedings of the 4th Int. Conf. on Agents and Artificial Intelligence, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, pp. 144-153, 2012 [Awarded Best Conference Paper in Artificial Intelligence]
- Irene Celino and Daniele Dell’Aglio: “An Ontological Formulation and an OPM proﬁle for Causality in Planning Applications”.
In Proceedings of the Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST2011), Hangzhou, China, December 2011.
- Engineering an Advanced Training Environment for Crisis Management: The Pandora Project.
C. Boldyreff, M. Dastbaz, H. Liu, Y. Arafa. In the Proceedings of the Advances in Computing and Technology Conference, University of East London, January 2011. [ pdf ]
- H.Liu, Y.Arafa, C.Boldyreff, M.Dastbaz, "Cost-effective Virtual World Development for Serious Games".
In the 3rd IEEE International Games Innovation Conference (IGIC 2011 ), City of Orange, California, November, 2011. ISBN: 978-1-4577-0258-7, pp. 48-51.
- Jure Polutnik, Mariano Cecowski, Srečko Maksimovič, Janez Bindas, Matej Peršolja.
Gradnja trenažnega sistema za odzivanje na krizne situacije s pomočjo odprtokodnih tehnologij"-"Development of a training system for crisis situation response with the use of open-source technology", presented at the Slovenian Oracle Users Group Conference – SIOUG, 2011. [ pdf ]
- MacKinnon L., and Bacon L. “Developing Realistic Crisis Management Training”.
Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management ( ISCRAM ) 22-25 April 2012, Vancouver, Canada.
- Poster at 8th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management, ISCRAM2011, Lisbon May 2011.
“An advanced training environment for crisis management” in the track Intelligent Systems or User Centred Design Process for Emergency Management Information Systems. Yasmine Arafa, Cornelia Boldyreff.
- Cesta, A., Cortellessa, & G.
Commentary on: “P&S Requirements for ePartner-supported Astronaut-Rover Teams during Planetary Surface Operations”. IWPSS-11. Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Planning and Scheduling for Space. Darmstadt, Germany, June 8-11, 2011.
- Professor Lachlan MacKinnon, Dr. Elisabeth Bacon & Ms. Gill Windall.
“Tracking and Influencing Trainee Emotions in a Crisis-Planning Scenario”. W3C Workshop on Emotion Markup Language. Paris, 5th and 6th October 2010.
- Cesta, A., Cortellessa, G., De Benedictis, R. and Strickland, K.
SPARK 2011 Opening the PANDORA-BOX: Planning and Executing Timelines in a Learning Environment. Project internal document, presented on June 2011. [pdf]
- M. Dastbaz, C. Boldyreff & Y. Arafa.
"The Pandora Project – Advanced Training Environment for Crisis Scenarios". School of Computing, IT and Engineering, University of East London. Position paper, CSCL@Work Workshop at Group2010, Sanibel (USA).
- Y. Arafa, C. Boldyreff and H. Liu.
A High Level Service-Based Approach to Software Component Integration. 1st International workshop on New Trends in Service Oriented Architecture for massive Knowledge processing in Modern Enterprise (SOA-KME), in conjunction with 6th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems CISIS-2012 Conference, Palermo, Italy, Jul. 2012.
- Irene Celino and Daniele Dell'Aglio:
"A Linked Knowledge Base for Simulation Learning". In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on eLearning Approaches for the Linked Data Age ( Linked Learning 2011 ), co-located with the 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference, ESWC2011, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, May 2011. [slides][pdf]
- Y. Arafa, C. Boldyreff, Abdel-Rahman H.Tawil and Hao Liu.
A High Level Service-Based Approach to Software Component Integration.
Paper to be presented the 1st International workshop on New Trends in Service Oriented Architecture for massive Knowledge processing in Modern Enterprise (SOA-KME-2012) , at the Sixth International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS-2012). July 4th-July 6th, 2012, Sanpaolo Palace Hotel, Palermo, Italy.
- Book Chapter 8: Simulations for Crisis Management – PANDORA’s Box Mohammad Dastbaz and Amedeo Cesta in Intelligence Management Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing, 2011, Part 2, 111-131. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4471-2140-4_8.
- L. Bacon 25th June 2012. Invited talk on Pandora research work at the University of Greenwich Research & Enterprise Conference, London.
- L. Bacon. Invited Keynote at the Computer Science Education: Innovation and Technology CSEIT, 12-13 December 2011, Singapore.
- Invited presentation: Keeping the Wheel in Motion: Workshop BCManager - ANRA Business Continuity, Incident and Crisis Management 21st October 2010, Milan, Italy. Michele Cornacchia.
- H. Liu, "Bridging gap between virtual and real", invited talk, Virtual Emergencies: simulation technology for emergency planning and response, The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), 2011.
- ISCM, L. Mackinnon, L. Bacon, Presentation on Pandora at International Symposium on Crisis Management” (ISCM 2011), 9-10 June2011 in Athens-Vouliagmeni, Greece.
- L. Bacon, L. MacKinnon and Amedeo Cesta – Invited presentation and panellists for Experiential models for developing crisis management competencies in sea and air transport” at ISCRAM 2011, 8th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management, Lisbon May 8-11, 2011.
- ICAPS DEMO SESSION, Pandora Year One Demonstrator presented on June 2011 at the system demonstration program of ICAPS 2011, the yearly forum on Automated Planning and Scheduling; Bernardi, G., A. Cesta, L. Coraci, G. Cortellessa, R. De Benedictis, F. Mohier, J. Polutnik, and M. Vuk. Only Hope remains in the PANDORA’s .jar – Pervasive use of planning in a training environment. [Awarded Best System Demonstration]. [pdf]
- Demonstration of Pandora Advanced training Environment at the 9th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM) 22-25 April 2012 , Vancouver, Canada.
News Articles and Reports
- ERCIM, Cesta, A., Cortellessa, G., De Benedictis, R. and Strickland, K., Training Crisis Managers in Strategic Decision-Making. In ERCIM News, N. 85:47-48, 2011.
- IEEE LTN, Celino, I., Dell'Aglio, D., De Benedictis, R., Grilli, S., Cesta, A. Ontologies, rules and linked data to support Crisis Managers Training. In IEEE Learning Technology Newsletter,13(1): 3-6, 2011.
- Italian Parliament, Cornacchia, M., Relazione al Parlamento Italiano, “PANDORA - Presentazione del Progetto e del Consorzio”, contribution for a Report to the Italian Parliament provided on March 2011.
- Bacon, L., Cesta, A., Coraci, L., Cortellessa, G., De Benedictis, R., Grilli, S., Polutnik, J., Strickland, K.
“Training Crisis Managers with PANDORA”. ECAI 2012, European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Montpellier, France, August, 2012. Accepted demo.
- Irene Celino and Daniele Dell'Aglio
Linking Knowledge for Simulation Learning
Proceedings of ESWC 2011 Workshops, R. Garcia-Castro et al. (Eds.), LNCS 7117, pp. 1Ð15, Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- Amedeo Cesta and Gabriella Cortellessa
Commentary on: ÒP&S Requirements for ePartner-supported Astronaut-Rover Teams during Planetary Surface OperationsÓ
IWPSS 2011. Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Planning and Scheduling for Space. Darmstadt, Germany, June 8-11, 2011 [pdf]
- Irene Celino and Daniele Dell'Aglio
A Linked Knowledge Base for Simulation Learning
Linked Learning 2011. Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on eLearning Approaches for the Linked Data Age
Co-located with ESWC 2011, the 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, May 2011. [slides][pdf]
- Amedeo Cesta, Gabriella Cortellessa, Riccardo De Benedictis and Keith Strickland
Training Crisis Managers in Strategic Decision-Making
ERCIM News, N.85:47-48, 2011 [read the article on line]
- Irene Celino, Daniele Dell'Aglio, Riccardo De Benedictis, Sara Grilli and Amedeo Cesta
Ontologies, Rules and Linked Data to Support Crisis Managers Training
IEEE Learning Technology Newsletter, Special theme: Semantic Web Technologies for Technology Enhanced Learning, 13(1):3-7, IEEE, 2011 [read the article on line]